Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Happy AnniversaWii... and other updates

Ok, first things first. Yes, it's been a while since I've updated. A long time. I know. Ice ages have come and gone since the last time I updated this blog. I get it. No excuses! The good news is I've got lots to bloviate about.

First of all, last week, Gav turned 30 and the very next day, we had our 5th wedding anniversary! We kind of thought of this as our first "milestone" anniversary other than the 1st, so we decided to purchase each other a traditional anniversary gift: a family Wii that we shall pass down through the generations. Really, we've been wanting one for about 8 months now so we went for it. Yayyyy wii! We love to play bowling and golf the most.

Second, folks, I keep getting pregnanter. I'm pretty large and in charge these days. I hear this is to be expected but it still manages to come as a shock to me. Frankly, aside from the fact that you get a baby at the end, there aren't that many perks to the actual state of being knocked up. But there are a few things here and there that comprise a silver lining.

For example, and this may be my favorite, when you're pregs, people will bring you food, no questions asked. Sometimes you don't even have to ask for it. Niiiiiice. Another is that people just magically get out of your way, holding doors, giving up seats, like you're an explosive about to go off, and they need to clear the area fast.

Yet another perk - showers! My best pals from college threw one for me and two of my other friends a couple weeks ago in Auburn, the greatest place ever. I hadn't been there in a few years, and let me just tell you they have sunk a fortune into that place since my last visit. There are a ton of brand new dorms and buildings and the campus, which has always been beautiful, has been taken to a completely new level. I was so proud. I also cleared some excellent loot. Here are some pics. I deliberately chose ones where I look a little less huge than I do in reality.


The whole gang! I hate being on the end - I never know what to do with my arms.


Partial group picture at Amsterdam's for lunch....

Me opening one of my many SUPER cute gifts. I so love anything with furry ears, animals, clothes, etc.
The three moms-to-be showing off the new Auburn gear. Thanks Aunt April!

Me and my old roomie Susan.

Another perk - boobs. It's true. I've always been a little on the diminutive side when it came to my chesticles, so this is a welcome development. Hells to the yes.

Hmmm what else.... random stuff. I have a new favorite word: kerfuffle. I realized that I hate Teen Jeopardy and that it essentially fracks up my whole week when the teen tournament is on. Same for Kids Jeopardy. Children have no business being on Jeopardy. (I'm going to be such a great mom.)

Well that should pretty much bring you up to speed! I promise not to leave my faithful blog readership hanging like that ever again. It' s not fair to either of you, mom and dad. I'll do better. Lata!

7 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

Finally - you're back! We've missed the commentaries. I completely agree a/b being preggers...so many perks. Just wait till AFTER the birth. MORE food and MORE nice gestures since people look at you and know you a) are not sleeping at all and b) have such a cute bundle of joy in the buggy. I have made more friends at Wal-Mart...seriously! And, you look GREAT. Still slim and trim if you ask me!

Andrew and Lauren Hess said...

Betsy!! You look great. Totally agree with you on the "chest" perks. However they sadly go away and I won't tell you what they look like then. Enjoy the prego moments, they're pretty cool. Of course so is the finished product!

Lauren

kellymartinau said...

love all the pics! you look fantastic, all you moms-to-be look so happy! Congratulations!

Betsy said...

Thanks girls! You are so sweet - clearly I chose the correct pics to post. I've been reading your blogs religiously and I must say it feels good to be back on track!

Ashley said...

It's about time you're back! I have waited faithfully and, um, not-so-patiently. ;-)

BTW, I can't even tell you are pregnant in those photos (you just look like you had a boob job!) - I hate you! Quit whining about being big - I'm sure you really aren't!

Can't wait for more updates!

(oh and we LOVE Wii!! Tennis is our favorite I think).

Betsy said...

First of all, I've discovered that prints and black outfits make me look less huge. Second, I now know how you've been living it up in the chest department all this time, ACD! You were sweet not to tell me what I've been missing and rub it in. hahaha. Third, we like tennis too, but we have really been enjoying the golf for some reason. You'll have to recommend more games to us - we just have the sports pack right now.

nikki webb said...

Yay! You're back! About time...

hee hee hee...chesticles...hahahaha i am still chuckling...all is forgiven!