Monday, July 6, 2009

Success!

It's official! We've got a girl bun in the oven! We are thrilled! We found out last week at our second-chance ultrasound when girlfriend dropped trou and showed us what she got. After that, she basically she went out of her way to moon us. Of course. The apple does not fall far, friends.

Anyway, Gavin had the ultrasound technician write the Burglet's saix on a piece of paper and seal it in an envelope for us to open at dinner that night. This plan of his drove me crazy and we had words about it more than once, because of course I wanted to find out immediately, but I had to admit that at the end of the day, it was kind of neat doing it that way.

The ultrasound technician not only wrote out the good news for us, but she even stuck a little pic in there of the Burby's "area" so we could see for ourselves. Fascinating! I would post it here but honestly it's been in my purse so Gavin hasn't had a chance to scan it in. I also must admit that I feel a little weird about posting her area on the internet. I don't know why - it's not like I haven't been showing it to everyone I know.

The very best news, though, was that the Burgita got a clean bill of health from the doctor and so apparently we are all set to spawn in November. Of course I have done nothing, like purchasing baby items or putting together the baby's room. It's like this has just been an amusing diversion up till now and I just realized last week that this was actually happening.

In other news, Gavin is learning a lot about cervixes and mucus plugs and contractions. He is quite the star pupil in our childbirth classes, and I am very proud. We saw some videos (gag) and pictures that shook him up pretty bad, but he's still with us so far.

So that's our news, folks! Hope everyone had a great 4th of July!

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

YIPPEE! I am so so so happy for yall!

Maria said...

Hmmmmm - Auntie Mimi aka Aunt Ria or Aunt Maria pleads with you not to scan and post her "area" on the net. I am pretty sure she will thank me later for protecting her privacy. I do however welcome all other scannings and postings of my sweet little niece! How about a blog about her name??????

Ashley said...

Again, I am sooooo happy for you guys!!! I feel a little sorry for baby girl Burgess, though, because Gavin isn't going to let any guy near her until she's at least 21! ;-)

Betsy said...

Thanks everyone! Just WAIT till you get your Christmas card this year, is all I have to say.

Ashley - I feel a little sorry for Gavin since he's so outnumbered by strong yet feminine and independent women: Me, Maddie, Sugarbear, and now Baby. Must be a shock for him after growing up in a house full of guys!

Maria - the name will be revealed when it's done marinating - patience! You'll be the first one I call, don't worry!

E. Peterman said...

I feel a book club baby shower coming on!

Vica said...

That is so exciting! I want/demand you to post some belly pics! I live so far away and have not seen your little baby bump.

Football season is coming soon can't wait to see you.

Mom2 said...

Soooooooo happy, can hardly wait!!!!! Soooooo glad all is well. Love, Mom2