Monday, August 17, 2009

Moving On.


(Not our actual fish tank, but a reasonable approximation from google images)

So this weekend we decided to forge ahead and proliferate a new fish community in Scarface’s former habitat. At first I was a little hesitant, like I felt it might be too soon, but life goes on. So now, instead of having just one big honkin’ cranky fish, we have a bunch of tiny, colorful, agreeable, community-oriented tropical fish that swim around in schools and live together in harmony, plus one algae eater that sticks to the side of the tank. It’s great. I also like how, when they die, we can just purchase a few replacements with a five-dollar bill and call it a day. Our tank is pretty big, so I think we’ll add a few new residents here and there. It’ll be a whole thing.

Other than that, we had a very productive nesting weekend… Gavin put the crib together with minimal frustration, and we finally found some nursery furniture in our price range that will fit the room and meet our needs as far as space and function. Trust me – this is harder than it sounds. Furniture, like actual furniture that you don’t inherit from your parents or grandparents, is expensive and with so many options, it’s hard to choose sometimes. Who knew?

I’ve also been baking a lot. I never really baked much before I was pregnant, but now I’m like… mmm brownies/cupcakes/cookies/random bake-able treat….. that’s happening tonight. Then I realize I can’t keep them in the house or I’ll eat them all so I endeavor to give them away. Last night I baked some chocolate chip caramel cookie bars. They were really good – even Gavin, who doesn’t really have a sweet tooth, wolfed one down. Note that I have made no attempt to divest myself of these.

So that’s about it for our weekend – hope everyone else had a great one!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey, what furniture did you decide on for the baby's room? You must post pictures!

Mom2 said...

Well, there is something to be said about living in harmony - less drama. Baking is good - must satisfy the nesting urge as well as the sweet tooth. Gav probably can gain a few pounds. :)